Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Ditto" week!

It's still colder than normal (5 degrees this morning), I'm still crabby because of it and it's getting to where I don't even want to hear any weather reports!  To be honest, I sometimes wish I could keep my blinds closed until I could see something other than snow outside.  Ugh!  Drowning my sorrows in food is not a good thing and it's basically come down to that!  NOT GOOD!  Thankfully, I still have my Copics and books and every now and then a marvelous order for "ladies".  Besides, finishing ladies #68 and #69 this week and sending them on their way home, I also mailed the following envelopes:









And then……Amazon sent me this lovely order of more books:


I'm telling you, retirement is wonderful!  Although I'm not getting much sleep, watching no TV and I'm thinking that a cleaning service might be in order unless I get myself in gear…..this house is looking kinda messy after marathon reading these past two months!  Yesterday, all I did was read…….all day!  Doesn't take long to finish a book that way, believe me!  This week, I finished:

"What She Left Behind" by Ellen Marie Wiseman - My favorite of the week!!
"Tell the Wolves I'm Home" by Carol Rifka Brunt - A fiction debut book with HIV inflection.
"Still Alice" by Lisa Genova  - About a 50 year old PHD woman getting Alzheimers
"The Butterfly Sister" by Amy Gail Hansen - A great debut mystery!

I'm reading the skinny ones first, can you tell?  Next is "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore".  So, that's it.  Another winter week!  Yeah!  Hope yours was as exciting!  LOL  Until next time………….

  

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your book reviews. Your last review spurred me to go out and purchase, Reconstructing Ameila, which I haven't begun to read. I've read, Still Alice, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. eliz.i@sympatico.ca

Georgi said...

I agree with Elizabeth ~ I love reading your book reviews ~ I always add your favorites to my Goodreads "To Read" list!

Annie said...

A "two thumbs up" rating from me! ***oh, wait, that's movies***

Lynn said...

I like your reviews too! I think your next drawing should be a huge sun with green trees….to post at your window!! We are about to get smacked with another storm - up to 11 inches of snow. I live near Washington DC and the area does not deal well with weather.

Judy said...

Thanks to you :-) I am enamored with copic markers and am trying to start my collection of them. Considering the price of them I was hoping you could suggest some colors to begin with. Thank you for the joy and inspiration you share with us all.

carol said...

Judy……you have a no-reply comment blogger so I can't get back to you. e-mail me privately with another e-mail address and we can talk. In the meantime, use Dick Blick art supplies online for fantastic prices on Copic markers. The more you buy, the greater the discount with (often), free shipping.

Ellyn said...

you crack me up! I can't seem to get through a book at all this year.

Createology said...

Reading and mail art is not a bad addiction! We finally have RAIN. Thankfully!!! I read so slowly you put me to shame with all your books. Go Carol Go...

suz said...

you will love Mr. Penumbra (I hope) - absolutely one of my favorite books in recent times