Sunday, January 5, 2014

Introducing Ladies #62 & #65, plus more,,,,

Happy New Year, my friends!  I hope you all are well and happy and that you had a nice start to 2014. I have been slow getting started, it seems.  This cold weather we've been having is making me "hunker down" and feel like hibernating.  One good thing though.......we have two new "ladies" to introduce to you.  These gals have wonderful daughter's who ordered them for their moms for Christmas presents and since Christmas is over, I may now show you.  (You will note that we have one lady missing yet from 2013....#64 who will be here after her birthday at the end of January.  She is still a surprise!  For now though, please meet our first lady, #62, Robynn:


And her original photo:


Next, we have lady #65, Pat.  Pat lives in the US...actually very close to my state (so the poor thing is probably getting hit with the very below normal temps too right about now.)  Her daughter sent me a photo and asked that I make her hair grey and a bit shorter than the photo:


And here is the photo I worked from:


Then, we have the envelopes that have been sent and received since the last time I posted.  (I must admit that envelopes is all I've been doing lately since winning that e-bay bunch of 29 books for Audrey.  They all need coordinating envelopes, doncha know???  The post office is loving me for all the online stamp orders I've been placing, too!)









As most of you know, the whole start to this fun envelope mail art started with my 5 year old great niece, Audrey.  I send books to her every week.  Well, for Christmas, I gave her a package of 50 washable markers, two drawing books, two huge drawing pads, and some already stamped and labeled envelopes just in case she ever wanted to send me some mail.  Well, I must tell you how thrilled I was this week to receive this darling pirate ship, with "dead pirate for shark bait", a smiling shark, pirate flags, and water to boot!



And on the other side, was this scary very pirate with peg leg and hook saying AAARRR!! 


Needless to say, it is on my refrigerator and I smile every time I walk by.  I'm so glad she is enjoying her gifts....perhaps I am creating another artist in the family, huh?  How cool would that be???

10 comments:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

62# & 65# look fabulous along with your very whimsical post cards. Little Audrey definitely looks like the artist in the make she has done a terrific job on the prate ship.

Lisa said...

Your ladies are beautiful as usual, I wish one of my daughters would order one for me... What a great gift!

kiwikid said...

Love the new ladies!! And your envelopes and it does look as though you have another artist in the making, she has done an amazing job on the pirate ship and the pirate!

Stephanie said...

The ladies are great, beautiful as always but the envelope is AWESOME! You are inspiring an artist of the future! Love, love, love the envelope! Good job passing along the genes!

Ellyn said...

oh I always love to see your ladies and the latest envelopes! Her pirate drawing is fabulous!

Annie said...

Your newest fabric ladies are terrific! The envelopes are all quite fun. I'll bet Audrey really got a kick out of making an envelope for you and dropping it in the mail.

Createology said...

Ladies #62 and #65 really look fabulous in your quilted creations. What a fun gift to give and receive. Audrey is quite the little artist. How special for her to make and mail an art envelope to you. Happy New Year and Creative Blessings...

suz said...

I love your ladies and your envelopes are wonderful, but I have to say Audrey topped it all - that envelope is adorable - I hope you get more back from her! How wonderful that you have not only helped her be excited to read, but you've inspired her creativity!

Barb and Sharon said...

Love Audrey's envelope. Children's art is so lovely. Have fun!
Barb@Witsend

Rettabug said...

I could have sworn I commented on this post, Carol, but I don't see it. Maybe it got stuck in the Polar Vortex!! LOL

Your fabric portraits are just delightful & I know the recipients had to be thrilled to see them. I smile every time I see mine on the sewing room wall.

Cute envelopes too. You could have been a celebrated illustrator of childrens books in another lifetime.
Hope you've warmed up a bit. Hang in there...only 69 days till Spring!