Friday, December 2, 2011

A few things...

No messy dining room table pictures, I'm afraid.....and NO, I haven't even started tackling that job yet.  It's still on my list of stuff to do!  I'll get to it though....I really will!  Today I'm gathering things for Goodwill so at least I'll get some junk out of here before the snow flies.  (I hate snow!)  Why I live in Wisconsin, no one knows.

My boys graduated from obedience classes yesterday.  Seems strange that although they both had 6-8 weeks of training (I don't remember which), that neither one will still come to me when I call if I don't have treats for them.  So what's with that?

My boys finished obedience training!

On the sewing front, lots of the swaps are coming to an end for the year.  Boo-hoo!  Yesterday, I got this darling package from Nannette:

The package from Nanette

It was from the QT Swap and the theme was "Windows and Doors".  She noted that I mentioned somewhere that I was in love with the newest Malka Dubrawsky fabric so used what she got at the recent Houston market for the mini.  So cute!  And the extras were marvelous too!

Then, this week, another one of my newest swaps (and fun one too, I should mention), finished the last round for this year.  This is a unique swap.  You make a doll size quilt, send a photo to the administrator and she posts it.  After the allotted time, everyone who submitted a photo secretly votes and then the administrator sends you the information on where you should send the quilt you made.  So.....you have no idea until you get a quilt in the mail on which one you will get.  It's very cool.  This was my submission for this round which had a theme of "holiday":

"The Gift"

I went a little nuts!  I think there are 38 buttons and I quilted it by putting a french knot in the middle of each star.  Duh!  You don't think I was a bit crazy after that????  Actually, though, I liked it so much as I was making it that I decided to make three skinnier ones for my friends using only 3 trees (and, as it turned out,) made up a pattern as a give away for my local quilt shop for their Wednesday night demonstrations:

 Mini Version

Needless to say that none of those 3 got ANY french knots!  LOL

So, that's it for today.  I hope that you are all well, and engrossed in lots of stuff too.  December seems to fly by around here.  Now, if I could only make the rest of the snowy months do the same thing, I would be a happy girl!  Until next time.............

12 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my gosh........those trees are so sweet!
Yes, I have the same problem.....an Obedience Certificate for my hubby and Bryn but they both snooze right thru my calls. Unless it's to eat. hahaha

Sara said...

Congrats to those puppies!! They are too smart for their own good--in reference to what you said about not coming w/o treats;)

You always have so many great goodies coming to you lady!

Britt-Inger said...

So cute tree quilts. And all the french knots. I hope that you didn´t have a nightmare afterwards with all the french knots dancing around.

Mary said...

You've got a tree thing going. That reminds me to put up my tree soon...

Annie said...

Let me start with...

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW! (I know you understand, Carol)

Now to what you'd rather hear. I think the school just wanted to be rid of both of them...they faked their way through...and you thought they weren't smart! LOL

You know I LOVE my trees! Happy inside is how I feel when I look at them. Thank you so much! You are such a dear friend! Can't wait to see which quilt you get in exchange.

That "bug" quiltie is adorable. I had a green one as my first car.

Poppyprint said...

Such fun work, as always Carol. I love your skinny tree mini quilts!!

Sheila said...

Love those trees , just so cute!

Cindy Sharp said...

Yes, yes, yes. Your posts always make me smile.

Your boys are adorable, and probably smarter than you think. My son informed me that it is all an act....that way when he says something smart it messes with people all the more.

Hope those peppermint stick trees are coming to live with me...althought it might not be very fair to get the best little quilts two swaps in a row.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Carol, those tree's!!! Love them!! Hey come join my Wonky House Swap, it is just up your ally!!

Mary DK said...

So, do you have an on-line store somewhere? I looked around and couldn't find it. BTW, your quilts are phenomenal!!

2ne said...

Love your Christmastrees :-)
Lucky you - nice things you got.

Karen said...

Hey, it's great to see you over here in the Australian Homespun magazine. Fantastic!!