Monday, June 13, 2011

Sewing and Shopping both start with "S"

It's almost the middle of June and I JUST got my flowers in the ground this weekend.  Our weather has been so crazy that it's either raining, or freezing, or so hot, you could cook an egg on the concrete that I just let everything go.  Besides, I had some windows replaced so I didn't want my stuff to get trampled by the window guy (and then he did it from inside the house anyway.  Duh!)  

Don't you just love going to your local nursery in the spring though?  Everything smells so good and looks so gorgeous?  I just had to take some pics of mine to share with you:




And those don't even include all the gorgeous stuff they have outside.  I should have snapped pics of that too, but didn't 'cause I was too busy filling up my cart.  I usually only do simple things, like petunias, and tomatoes, and herbs, etc.  Nothing fancy!  I'm too busy sewing to prune, or water all the time, thank you!!

And then, guess what?  My LQS got in ALL the Kona solids.  Yup!  All 221 of them and I am happy, happy, happy!  I LOVE solids and you will be seeing more from me in the coming months using them.  right now, I should talk them into putting them all on one wall though.  Too hard to take all these pictures this way.  LOL








Yummy, huh?  It was so hard deciding which ones to buy first.......and now I'm thinking another trip is in order for this week.  I think I need some more!

10 comments:

Jan said...

Hi Carol, well done getting your garden done, mine is still a work in progress ! OOO those colours no wonder you feel a return trip coming on ...love Jan xx

Sara said...

Taking care of a veggie garden is a lot of work! Next year I am thinking strawberries (for my 3 yr old) and tomatoes for everyone else! And some herbs,gotta have herbs. You are right,too much quilting to be had!

ALL the KONA solids!!! I would get a 1/2 yd of each color! he,he well maybe not EVERY color!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Gardens here in WI are very late as well. My sister wasn't able to plant her tomatoes until yesterday because the nights have been too cold. We only had two hot days so far, it has been averaging between 52 and 58 degrees during the day...way cooler than normal!
Bet you're going to have a lot of fun with all those solids! Beautiful colors!

Poppyprint said...

Ummmmmmm, 221 flavours.

MariQuilts said...

I want them all.....so tempting.

Manda said...

Ooo all those kona colours! I'm jealous lol!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The colors... both flowers and fabric, it's too hard to decide from all this abundant beauty!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Oh so lovely. Too many gorgeous colours to chooose from.

Heather said...

Yummy......... I say absolutley scrumptious! Oh, the possibilities!

Susan said...

Oh, yum is right, all the Konas? My local store has about 3! You're a lucky girl, Carol! And congrats on the good swap stuff you got, too! (I think I got the best mug rug, but that just means that our partners ROCK! They did so good for both of us!)