Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is it March yet?

Boy oh boy, I'm running out of stuff to show you.  This week again, I've been sewing for other people in private swaps not due until the end of March.  Don't think for a minute that I will wait that long to ship them though.......hello!!!  I'd either go nuts from anticipation or will lose the poor little things by that time (although I do try to pile them all together in one spot on my dining room table.)  I'm not a very good secret keeper to be truthful!  I just thought that if I do all of them now, I might be able to concentrate on the doll swap.  I have so many ideas for that swap, that I am going crazy just trying to keep them all straight in my head.  I did draw one this weekend, and I might have bitten off more than I can chew.......

Here's the beginning:

DQS10 A possible start???

And then, the next day, I continued working on it:

Almost Done........

It's going to be 20 inches square and I think I am going to applique the whole thing....(if I can afford all the Steam a Seam I'm going to need.  LOL)  It will be quite a project!  I even found the cutest bus and little car buttons for it today.  I really need a sailboat button, but couldn't find one of them anywhere.  I might have to forget that idea, who knows?  I even went out for solids today thinking that if I'd use patterned fabric it might look like a clown town.  I'm hoping it turns out as cute as I imagine.

So, that's about it for me.  I've been going out for lunch with friends and shopping so my sewing has been limited too.  I hope to show you more next time.

26 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh that looks so cute! Can't wait to see how it progresses. Lunch and shopping are important, fuels the tummy and the soul. Enjoy and sew when you can!

SueWis said...

This is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! You're so creative!

Funoldhag said...

How I envy your ability to create and carry through! I am going to keep stopping back to see how this wonderful project comes to be. Another Carol

WendyLou said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! You are so terribly creative. I love that you can actually get your ideas out of your head and down onto fabric. Maybe one day ...

Beverly said...

That is going to be so awesome! I wish I was that good at coming up with original ideas.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Can we watch, please?

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see you work on it. How cute!!

Susan said...

Oh goodness, you're going to applique this! I thought you may have been going to fabric paint it! Can't wait to see how it works out!

Heather said...

How cute! You make your drawing look effortless..........what talent! I look forward to watching your progress on this one.
Thanks for sharing.

Staci said...

20 inches? All that in 20 inches? I think you are the only one on the planet that could pull that off! Your creations are just amazing!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It sounds just wonderful - I can just envision your bright colors there! blessings, marlene

Shari said...

What a fun quilt! Hope it goes well for you - a lot of work!

Vickie said...

Stink, Carol! You have done it again! That is so stinkin' cute, I can hardly stand it!!! Love your creativity!

Terrie Sandelin said...

Incredible! You have one lucky swap partner!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, isnt she lucky who gets this! cant wait to see it finished:o)

Tezzcan said...

It will be stunning you know it will.

pinsandneedles said...

Your drawings are amazing! I love this!

Eileen said...

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Anja said...

Tell me, please, how can you overmatch yourself everytime you begin a new project?
Even if you decide to color your concept sheet it would look just fabulous!

Anja

Sparky said...

my ride is still not here and I thought, I need a smile..sew I checked in here from my 3 inch screen....and I smiled. Carol I love this.the idea of having it in a cirlc is genius. Ok now I can get on with my day trying to visualize the end result. Thanks for being there.

JariJari said...

that is something! I can't wait to see your progress.

Unknown said...

I just cannot get over how detailed and awesome your drawing is! I cannot wait to see it unfold into a quilt!

Nancy Woods - Quilts Sew Shabby said...

I love this and can't wait to see it completed! I just found your blog and am now a faithful follower ... it's so very great! I love your whimsical style and your talent appears to be never-ending! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Jan Maree said...

I LOOOOVE your stuff. I would send you a hundred comments if I was lucky enough to be in a swap with you! Love the colours and love the whimsy - just the sort of things in my head that I am only beginning to think about getting on paper. after seeing your work I have to try. Please keep sharing - I will be watching!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi There! Did you find a sail boat button yet??? I wondered because we have a store in my area (about 20 miles from me) called "The Needlepoint Joint" that has a huge case of small drawers with just specialty buttons in it. I will be glad to call them and see if they have them and if they do, I'll even go get them for you and mail them off. Let me know. Hugs...

JennyLyn said...

I love your blog and all your wonderful ideas. I come here for a pick me up. -I have a sail boat button that needs a little lake! Poor thing has been in the button can for years. Let me know! I will mail it to you :)