Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kaffe Fassett

I seem to be in love with Kaffe Fassett fabrics lately.  I go to the quilt shop and come home with bunches, it seems....and then, what to do with them (besides just staring at them longingly)? Believe me, they don't stay in my stash very long.......like a week, maybe??  I mean, they're pretty by themselves, but together...WOW!  Who can resist?  I'd LOVE to make everything in all his books....and maybe someday I will order a kit, just to have one original, but until then, I have to do my own thing so I came up with this:

Sunshine Sampler

This was made using the "In and Out" pattern by Blue Underground. I have used this pattern before and loved making it. Besides, it's a nice size finished at 55 inches by 66 inches long. A great nap size! Of course, I had to make a back equally as cool as the front (or almost. LOL)

The Back

But the best thing of all is the quilting......oh my heavens, my quilt shop does such a nice job...take a look:

Quilting Detail

See...now you know why I call it "Sunshine Sampler". Doesn't it just scream warmth, and love, and happiness? I think so!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love it! It can't get any better than that.

Jenny said...

Im head over heels for this quilt!

Amanda Jean said...

it's a beauty! that swirl quilting is perfect on that quilt. it's just so happy!!!